Saturday, January 24, 2015

TOABH - Sugar Momma

Beka's latest hop is definitely near and dear to my heart lol. 




Sugar Momma.
Let's continue pretending that horse poop magically transforms into money instead of the other way.  So money doesn't matter.  If you could buy anything for your horse, what would you buy? 

First up: a saddle!!!!! please?? saddle shopping gods, are you reading this??? I'd really really REALLY like one plz! 

oh hai. want to be my friend?

Next - we'd build a totally fantabulous, drool-worthy indoor arena at Isabel's barn, and rip up the existing craptacular outdoor (it's pretty but that's about it) and replace it with something less hole-y and more drain-y. Oh, and install a dressage court and full xc course through more levels than I am ever likely to reach. Bc why not?

yea, less ice would be great thanks

The improved facilities (and our unlimited cash supply via magical horse poop) would attract the very finest trainers, who would then transform me into a rider who doesn't constantly drive my poor, long suffering mare crazy. 

  or, ya know, the trainer would just stare at me in exasperation lol

Then obviously Ms Princess would need regular access to chiro, acupuncture, massage, etc etc - not to mention training rides by the bio-mechanics clinician, who would unlock her inner balanced being...


Then we'd improve the farm's other amenities - like nice wash racks with warm water please! - and knock down neighboring developments to increase our acreage for pastures. Then horses can rotate through the fields - always ending up somewhere new and exciting and full of lush delicious grass...

perhaps somewhat mitigating Isabel's unhappiness at wearing the muzzle

These all seem like kinda straight forward, boring, expected answers... I mean, we'd all love fancy tack and happy healthy ponies and places to actually, ya know, RIDE the horses... 

But that's pretty much my current list! (it may or may not be heavily influenced by the things I want right now but cannot have lol)





10 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! If you develop such a fantastic facility, can Boca and I come there??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes please!! tho of course we'll need to take our magical horse poop money to go somewhere else during construction... hmm where too ? :)

      Delete
  2. I think your post in this hop is one of my faves so far! I was laughing all the way through with your choice of pics for illustrating each thing you'd get! ;) I'd totally bring my girls to your barn to board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! please bring the ladies along- as we shall be the finest facility that money can buy (even if money can't buy me riding skillz...)

      Delete
  3. All I could think through this post was "Same, same, omg same!" I'm right there with you on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha right? they're not super unique wishes... but they're what i want!!

      Delete
  4. I'm actually really surprised you didn't say you would buy a horse of your own and your own horse property so you wouldn't have to board lol. I love reading these to see how different everyone's wants/needs/etc. are. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - a barn mate and i were just talking about how different our hopes/dreams are. with unlimited funds i would ABSOLUTELY buy my own horse -- tho i didn't include that here bc i was focusing more on what izzy might want (and i'm not sure she'd want *that* haha)

      re: a place to keep my own horse vs. boarding, i actually prefer boarding at this point in my life. having great riding facilities is important to me, but would be difficult to have at home without the whole shebang turning into a huge time suck

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.